Coastal Action Against Abuse (CAAA) has joined the UK SAYS NO MORE campaign as an official partner. We’re excited to have them on board!
Coastal Action Against Abuse is a relatively new organisation that ultimately aims to fight domestic violence and abuse in the Suffolk Coastal District.
Set up by a group of professionals as a multi-agency partnership forum, CAAA works alongside individuals, groups, agencies and other campaigns in improving services, resources and support for victims of domestic and sexual violence in the Suffolk Coastal District.
CAAA aims to raise both public and professional awareness of domestic violence whilst also highlighting its impact on victims, their families and the wider community. Working in partnership with other organisations and charities, including UK SAYS NO MORE, White Ribbon Campaign UK and Soroptimist International, CAAA hopes to ensure that those residing in the Suffolk Coastal District are aware of the issue of domestic violence, know how to tackle it and how to access support services.
Their mission is threefold:
- Work alongside other agencies and organisations to influence local strategies to improve outcomes for victims and survivors of domestic and sexual violence and abuse and their families.
- Provide victims, potential victims and those affected by domestic violence with vital information on where and how to get help. This includes a focus on services local to the Suffolk Coastal District, such as Lighthouse Women’s Aid and Anglia Care Trust, as well as highlighting the National Domestic Abuse Helpline (0800 2000 247). In addition, CAAA provide information on what abuse actually is and victims’ legal rights.
- Provide the local and wider community with statistics on domestic violence to ensure the enormity of the issue is communicated and understood.
Shirley Osborne, Chair of Coastal Action Against Abuse (CAAA), said:
“Coastal Action Against Abuse is founded on a shared vision and belief that every person has the right to be safe, empowered and free from all forms of domestic abuse. The Forum brings together different agencies in East Suffolk who work to prevent, protect and assist those who may experience domestic abuse. Our collective aim is to foster collaboration and understanding between agencies, inform and raise awareness in local communities to help survivors and families change their lives. We are delighted to have become partners with the UK SAYS NO MORE campaign.”
Members of the Coastal Action Against Abuse network include:
- Lighthouse Women’s Aid
- ACT Domestic Abuse Service
- Suffolk Soroptimist
- Victim Support
- BKH Training
- Suffolk Constabulary
- East Suffolk Council (Suffolk Coastal and Waveney Councils)
It’s fantastic to see charities, organisations and professionals collaborating in the ongoing effort to end domestic violence and abuse. Whilst national campaigns to highlight the issue are paramount in debunking myths, breaking stigma and raising up the voices of victims, local campaigning is equally as vital and offers much hope to those who may be suffering in silence.
Since the UK SAYS NO MORE campaign began in 2016, we’ve learnt that partnerships play such a crucial role in ending domestic and sexual violence. The ability to share different knowledge, experience and potential with other organisations who have the same integral values at their core is priceless. Doing so enables each individual organisation, charity or agency to continue to work on their own processes and plans with new, well-informed ideas and ultimately provide the best possible support services and resources to victims of domestic and sexual violence. We truly believe that it is only together that we can end domestic violence and sexual assault.
We hope to work closely with Coastal Action Against Abuse and the members of its multi-agency network further in the New Year.
If you are interested in becoming a partner, please contact Lyndsey Dearlove (Violence Against Women and Girls Partnership Mananger) at email@example.com.
You can take action now by:
- Step One: Add your photo the UK SAYS NO MORE gallery and join many others taking a stand against domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Step Two: Download the Take Action Toolkit to help you start sharing and engaging with the campaign. It’s crucial that we continue to raise further awareness of these important issues.
- Step Three: Start the conversation. Share the campaign with friends, family and colleagues. Together we can eradicate the shame, stigma and myths that come with domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Step Four: Get your official UK SAYS NO MORE pin to initiate conversation and champion the cause.
- Step Five: Learn more about domestic violence and sexual assault, so you’re ready to share vital knowledge with others.
- Step Six: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for regular updates and tag us using the #UKSAYSNOMORE hashtag. Let’s come together and say NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault.