Need emergency help?
If you or someone you know is in need of immediate help in a crisis, call 999.
For assistance, support and guidance please call the appropriate helpline or visit the links from the options below.
Freephone 24 Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge
0808 2000 247 | nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk
Bright Sky mobile app
Find your nearest domestic abuse support service using the Bright Sky app. Bright Sky is available to download for free on both Android and iOS devices.
If your service is not currently listed in the app and you would like it to be added, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rape Crisis helpline England and Wales
0808 802 9999 | rapecrisis.org.uk
Rape Crisis Scotland
08088 01 03 02 | rapecrisisscotland.org.uk
Safeline (for men, women and adolescents who have experienced sexual abuse)
0808 800 5008 | main helpline | 0808 800 5005 | male helpline | 0808 800 5007 | young people’s helpline | safeline.org.uk
The Rowan Sexual Assault Referral Centre for Northern Ireland
0800 389 4424 | therowan.net
National Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* (LGBT) Domestic Violence Helpline
0300 999 5428 OR Freephone 0800 999 5428 | galop.org.uk
Survivors UK: (for adult male survivors of rape or sexual assault)
The ManKind Initiative (for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse)
01823 334244 | www.mankind.org.uk
Men’s Advice Line (for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse)
0808 801 0327 | mensadviceline.org.uk
Mankind Counselling (for men who have experienced sexual abuse)
01273 911680 | mankindcounselling.org.uk
Karma Nirvana (for those experiencing honor-based abuse and forced marriage)
0800 5999 247 | karmanirvana.org.uk
LawBot (for legal advice if you are a victim of a crime)
National Stalking Helpline
0808 802 0300 | suzylamplugh.org/Pages/Category/national-stalking-helpline
Revenge Porn Helpline
0345 6000 459 | revengepornhelpline.org.uk
ChildLine (confidential support for anyone aged 19 or under)
Chayn’s DIY Online Safety Guide (information and guidance for anyone concerned about their online safety)
Bright Sky App
Bright Sky gives support to those experiencing domestic abuse or those concerned about someone else.
If you think you are experiencing domestic abuse, or suspect someone you know may be in danger, Bright Sky can help you. This personal smartphone application allows you to log private journal entries sent to your chosen email address, find help near you and learn more about domestic abuse, including warning signs and myths.
Use Bright Sky to:
* Add to your personal journal with video, photo, written or audio content. Each entry is sent to your chosen email address.
* Potentially use your journal entries to support the evidence gathering under the revised Serious Crime Act 2015 (Coercive Control offence)
* Determine if you or someone you know is in an abusive relationship with the interactive ‘Am I at Risk?’ questionnaire. The result of the questionnaire will suggest the next step of action for you to take towards safety or to support someone you know.
* Locate your closest domestic abuse specialist by your current location or by entering a postcode.
* Contact your chosen specialist and/or domestic abuse helpline within the app via phone and find their local authority.
* Learn the facts and dispel the myths surrounding domestic abuse in our information portal.
* Topics covered include: types of abuse, warning signs, effects on children, abuse in the LGBTQ+ Community and the types of support available for you or someone you know.
* Bright Sky has a quick 999 button for emergency use on every page.