Chiltern American Women’s Club are Saying NO MORE to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
The UK SAYS NO MORE campaign has gained yet another fantastic official partner, this time in the form of the prestigious Chiltern American Women’s Club (CAWC International).
The social organisation, which currently has a membership of approximately 100 women, is open to women from all walks of life that are now living in the Chiltern area. Besides being known for its philanthropic nature, the club also aims to promote friendship and support to all of their members, maintained via a network of activities, special interest groups, meetings and fundraising events.
We were invited to their monthly meeting at Buckinghamshire Golf Club in Denham to officially launch the UK SAYS NO MORE and Chiltern American Women’s Club partnership, with the aim of encouraging the club members to Take A Stand and help us say NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault.
Providing an insight into the UK SAYS NO MORE campaign via a presentation, we then spoke to the club members about how they can get involved.
You can take action now by:
- Step One: Add your photo the UK SAYS NO MORE gallery and join many others taking a stand against domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Step Two: Download the Take Action Toolkit to help you start sharing and engaging with the campaign. It’s crucial that we continue to raise further awareness of these important issues.
- Step Three: Start the conversation. Share the campaign with friends, family and colleagues. Together we can eradicate the shame, stigma and myths that come with domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Step Four: Get your official UK SAYS NO MORE pin to initiate conversation and champion the cause.
- Step Five: Learn more about domestic violence and sexual assault, so you’re ready to share vital knowledge with others.
- Step Six: Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for regular updates and tag us using the #UKSAYSNOMORE hashtag. Let’s come together and say NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault.
It seemed to be a resounding agreement among the members – it’s time to say NO MORE to sweeping such issues under the carpet. With statistics shockingly indicating that there are 11 rapes per hour in the UK, whilst one in four women will be a victim of domestic violence in their lifetime, it’s clear that it’s time to act now.
Club members were provided with How to Help postcards, enabling them to provide support to someone they know who may be suffering, a UK SAYS NO MORE pin, and a poster for each individual to fill out with their own message of support, in preparation for a photoshoot.
The photoshoot allowed for an exciting new video aimed at raising awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Watch the video below:
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the Chiltern American Women’s Club (CAWC International), head over to their website. Alternatively, you can drop them an email or attend their General Meetings or Newcomer Coffee Mornings.
Despite whether you’ve moved to the UK from abroad, settled in the Chiltern area from somewhere else in the UK, or have been situated in the area for years, the Chiltern American Women’s Club is open to all. We’re so pleased to have them on-board!
Their fundraising calendar culminates with their annual Christmas Charity Bazaar which, over the years, has raised in excess of £250,000 for local charities. This year, the renowned bazaar is being held on Sunday 12th November, from 10am to 4pm, at the Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross in Buckinghamshire.
100% of the proceeds from the bazaar will be going to their current chosen charity, Community First Responders – South Bucks. Complete with an array of fabulous vendors selling gorgeous Christmas gifts, delicious American snacks and treats at the ‘Texas Cafe’, a gigantic raffle, and a special visit from Kew Little Pigs, the 30th anniversary Christmas Charity Bazaar is not to be missed.
You can support UK SAYS NO MORE by:
- Adding your photo to the Gallery, joining others nationwide saying NO MORE to domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Sharing the campaign materials on social media and with friends, family and colleagues, to start a conversation around these issues.
- Pledging to learn more and take a stand by challenging derogatory language or the perpetuation of myths through learning and sharing of this knowledge.
- Purchasing a gorgeous locket from Women In Need, with a percentage of the profits going to Hestia, UK SAYS NO MORE’s official partner charity.
- Take the pledge and sign up to our monthly newsletter.